- Suitable for use on plastic and metal water pipes( including inlet pipe,drain pipe, sewer, palm tree frost protection etc). Industrial grade self regulating heating cable. The cable output will adjust automatically based on the ambient temperature at each point along the cable. No worry about the overheat risk. More Safe. Can be used by straight, spiral and overlap. More functional.
- Fluoropolymer (Industrial grade: One of the most heavy duty plastic material) as the outer jacket. JHSF1-CT cables are configured for use in nonhazardous and hazardous locations, including areas where corrosives may be present. Exposure to organic chemicals or corrosives. Can be used underwater application. Please keep the connection between the orange cold lead and black heating cable above the water. Water proof grade: IP 68.
- Protect pipes up to 2 1/2″ in diameter. For a better freeze protection, at least 1/2 inch thick or thicker insulation material is recommended, especially for extremely cold weather. If the ambient temperature is lower than -20°F(-29°C), please use 1″ thick insulation material. Pre-assembled, Including grounded plug with light, easy to install install and use without built in thermostat. 120 volt, 5 watts/ft at 50 degrees F for pipe freeze protection.
- Roof deicing application: Can be used on flat roofs, metal roofs, asphalt roofs, rubber roofs, slate roofs, stone roofs, metal roofs, ceramic roofs, composite (tar and gravel) roofs and so on. Rated 10W/ft at 32°F (0°C) for roof deicing. For roof deicing application, you may need to buy clips and hangers separately.
- Testing the cable before the installation. Uncoil the cable, plug in the heating cable Normally you can feel the slight warm on the heating cable in few minutes. Four-year limited warranty – If you are not completely satisfied with HEATIT heating cable, please feel free to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. in any time, we’ll try our best to solve your issue.
- Sufficient heating cable inventory in warehouse of Chicago area. Normally order are shipped within 7 days after order released. Expediting delivery service is available.
- The ambient temperature during installation affects how much you can bend the cable, as it will become stiffer in colder temperatures. If you install when the temperature is 50ºF (10ºC) or above, you can bend the cable to a radius of 1/2”. However, if installing in colder temperatures, the following limits for bending radius must be observed:
- The minimum bending radius is 1/2” @ 50ºF (10ºC) or above.
- The minimum bending radius is 1” @ 32ºF (0ºC).
- The minimum bending radius is 1-1/8” @ -4ºF (-20ºC).
- The lowest installation temperature is -4ºF (-20ºC).
HEATIT JHSF1-CT Self Regulating Pre-assembled Pipe Heating Cable
$33.99 – $219.99
6-feet, 12-feet, 18-feet, 24-feet, 50-feet, 75-feet, 100-feet, 125-feet, 150-feet
|Available for pipe freezeing protection||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Available for roof deicing||✓||No||✓||No||No|
|Install by Spiral,Wrap or Cross||✓||✓||✓||✓||No|
|Build in thermostat||No||✓||No||No||✓|
|Cable Structure||Self regulating||Self regulating||Self regulating||Self regulating||Regular (Constant wattage)|
|Output @10°C||5w/ft||3w/ft||5w/ft||3w/ft||7w/ft Constant|
|Used on not always water filled pipes||✓||✓||✓||✓||No|
|Length of cold lead||3ft||2ft||6ft||No||2ft|
|Water proof grade(end seal)||IP65||IP65||IP68||IP65||IP65|
|Water proof grade(connection)||IP65||IP65||IP65||IP65||IP65|
This says “self regulating” does that mean there is some type of thermostat to disable power in warm weather?
There is no thermostat in HEATIT JHSF1-CT. Self regulating heating cable means that the cable output will adjust automatically based on the ambient temperature at each point along the cable. The colder, there are more conductive paths in the conductive core, the higher the heating cable output and the cable generates more heat. The warmer, there are few conductive paths, the lower the heating cable output and then the cable generates less heat.
* On hand inventory in US and Canada warehouses. It normally takes 1-3 business days for us to process your order. Please note that this does not include holidays and weekends.
* Shipment normally takes 5-10 business days to arrive, but can take up to 12-15 business days around busier periods such as holidays etc.
* Shipping time is estimated and commences from the date of shipping, rather than the date of the order, and can take longer than expected date due to an invalid address, customs clearance procedures or other causes.
* Please submit a ticket within 60 days of shipment if the package does not arrive in time, our representative will get back to you within 24 hours. Note that overdue requests may not be accepted.
1 review for HEATIT JHSF1-CT Self Regulating Pre-assembled Pipe Heating Cable
pipe heating cable
pipe heating cable
HEATIT JHSF 120V Self Regulating Pre-assembled Pipe Heating Cable
pipe heating cable
HEATIT Mobile Home HEATIT HTM Braid Self Regulating heating cable Water Line Freeze Protection
Thomas R Squires –
Thought it would be self regulated but it seems to be on all the time. That’s ok still will use.