- Use for water filled plastic (including PEX) or metal pipes. Not use for anything else, like empty water pipes, fuel lines, hoses, gutters, steam lines and so on. Two year limited quality . If you are not completely satisfied with HEATIT heating cable, please don’t hesitate to contact our customer service in any time, we’ll try our best to solve your issues.
- Pre-assembled easy to install. Including grounded plug with light, built in thermostat, and instructions. Easy to install and use. 120 volt, 7 watts/ft. Built in thermostat to turn the cable 37F on 50F off. Only use 5 amps or less of electricity. Energy saving. 100% screen rate with the Aluminum foil and tinned copper braid.
- Both CSA and ETL approved. Industrial grade heat shrinkage tube for connection. Tough XLPE as inner insulation and weather resistant PVC (high-low temperature) as out jacket.
- Maximum 1/2 in fiberglass insulation must be used over the heating cable for lower temperature protection. Pipes must be at least 3 feet and at least 3/8” and less than 1 1/2” in. diameter. No crossing. No spiral. No overlap itself. Only straight.
- Testing the cable before the installation. Uncoil the cable, plug in the heating cable and then put the thermostat part of the cable into an ice bucket for few minutes. When the temperature is below 37F, the thermostat will energize the cable to work. Normally you can feel the slight warm on the heating cable in few minutes. To avoid the overheat, please don’t plug in the cable for a long time for testing. When you feel the slight warm, please turn it off.
3-feet, 6-feet, 9-feet, 12-feet, 15-feet, 18-feet, 24-feet, 30-feet, 40-feet, 60-feet, 80-feet
- Rated Voltage: 120VAC
- Output: 7W/ft
- Min. Insulation Temp.: 15℉(-10℃）
|Available for pipe freezeing protection||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Available for roof deicing||✓||No||✓||No||No|
|Install by Spiral,Wrap or Cross||✓||✓||✓||✓||No|
|Build in thermostat||No||✓||No||No||✓|
|Cable Structure||Self regulating||Self regulating||Self regulating||Self regulating||Regular (Constant wattage)|
|Output @10°C||5w/ft||3w/ft||5w/ft||3w/ft||7w/ft Constant|
|Used on not always water filled pipes||✓||✓||✓||✓||No|
|Length of cold lead||3ft||2ft||6ft||No||2ft|
|Water proof grade(end seal)||IP65||IP65||IP68||IP65||IP65|
|Water proof grade(connection)||IP65||IP65||IP65||IP65||IP65|
The thermostat is at the end farthest from the plug(tail end), and it is very compact, making it easy to attach and keep inside the pipe insulation.
Can this be used on pvc?
It can be used for water filled plastic (including PEX) or metal pipes.
Can this product be put inside of a condensation drain line of a walk in freezer?
For inside pipe application. You may want to check HEATIT JHSF1-CT. It’s end seal can meet IP68 water proof grade.
* On hand inventory in US and Canada warehouses. It normally takes 1-3 business days for us to process your order. Please note that this does not include holidays and weekends.
* Shipment normally takes 5-10 business days to arrive, but can take up to 12-15 business days around busier periods such as holidays etc.
* Shipping time is estimated and commences from the date of shipping, rather than the date of the order, and can take longer than expected date due to an invalid address, customs clearance procedures or other causes.
* Please submit a ticket within 60 days of shipment if the package does not arrive in time, our representative will get back to you within 24 hours. Note that overdue requests may not be accepted.